Preeti’s Nutty Organic Chicken Recipe
I love to cook with nourishing herbs and spices... and garlic too of course. Not only do they add flavour to the dish, they also offer many nutritional benefits.
For instance, garlic is a great one to load up on at this time of year, it not only supports our immune systems but it also contains healing antibiotic properties. Here’s a delicious recipe I came up with to compliment the season.
Note: I always recommend buying organic meat. Greensbury Market are one of the best (in my opinion) organic meat providers in NYC and deliver to your doorstep.
Preeti’s Nutty Pesto Chicken with Saffron Pilaf
1 x Greensbury Market organic chicken breast
Marinate in 1/2 tsp nutmeg and peanut oil and sea salt
For the pesto:
1/4 cup mixed nuts- (I used pistachio, macadamia and walnuts)
2 cloves garlic
2 Greensburg market organic chicken breasts
For the Pilaf:
1/2 cup basmati rice
1/2 cup peas
Saffron a few strands
Salt to taste
1tbsp Peanut oil
- Marinate 1 chicken breast in olive oil, sea salt and nutmeg in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan. Grill the chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through (or an instant read thermometer reaches 160 degrees). Cover the chicken with foil and let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Add the nuts to a food processor along with the garlic, parsley, mint leaves and a pinch salt, Process until they form a paste. Gradually blend in olive oil, taste adjust your seasoning if necessary.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pressure cooker. Add 2 tsp of cumin seed and sauté till dark brown.
- Add peas and saute. Add rice and saffron strands soaked in 1 tbsp of warm milk.
- Add enough water to cover rice and cook in a pressure cooker for 10 min.
- Slice the grilled chicken and coat with the pesto Serve chicken on a bed of saffron rice pilaf.